Sandwell Talking News brings you this year’s Christmas Special Edition. With Christmas themed stories, songs, poems and of course, cracker jokes, we’re aiming to bring festive cheer into your living room. We’re sure there is something in it for everyone. Huge thanks to everyone who has contributed to this edition and to the Talking News throughout the year. With love and best wishes from all at Sandwell Talking News.
Although the Special is now one track, the following track listing will help you to find the piece you want to listen to.
- Introduction from Ray (STN Editor)
- Interview with Santa and Mrs Claus and the sounds of the SVI Active 60 Winter Bazaar
- Merry Christmas from our volunteers
- More information from Ray
- Remy (volunteer reader Sarbjit’s daughter, age 6) singing ‘Away in a Manger’
- A Black Country Nativity story, read by volunteer Jennie
- A Christmas Prayer a story by Rhian Anderson, read by volunteer Debbie L.
- Elves and the Shoemaker story by the Brothers Grimm, read by volunteer James
- A visit from St. Nicolas a poem by Clement Clarke Moore – read by volunteer Andrea
- Elf and Safety guidelines read by Debbie G.
- Head Elf Report from Lapland by our very own Head Elf, volunteer Nicola
- A selection of very corny Christmas cracker jokes read by volunteer Sarbjit.
- Poem Snowflakes by Clive Samson accompanied on the harp by Patrick Lali and read by Gillian Lali
- Graham’s Christmas poem (Graham is a former chair and founder member of SVI)
- Christmas Trees by Robert Frost, read by volunteer James
- Ok Google, take me to the Pub (a comedy song)
- Jingle Bells, sung by SVI and STN members and volunteers