Could you offer IT and digital buddy support to blind and partially sighted people who want to improve their IT skills and knowledge? Each person we support has their own individual learning needs and abilities.
You should have:
- a good working knowledge of digital applications and smart devices like tablets and mobile phones;
- a keen interest in IT and computer technology;
- an understanding and working knowledge of specialist accessible software;
- a keenness to support others and be able to offer ‘hands on’ support in a respectful way;
- patience and empathy;
- a problem solving approach.
Time commitment: Half a day per week or fortnight
Location: SVI office and other locations across Sandwell.
Volunteers will receive sighted guide visual impairment awareness training, safeguarding training and other specialist digital training as required.
Travel and other out of pocket expenses will be met.
A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check may be required.
We welcome applications from people who are blind and partially sighted.
Name of main contact: Nigel Self , SVI Volunteer’s coordinator
Phone: 0121 525 4810