We’re excited to be working with SAFL (Sandwell Adult and Family Learning) and Sandwell Library Service to enable our members to learn more about tablets and digital technology. This new, free course will take place every Thursday afternoon for five weeks. It starts on Thursday 3 November from 2pm to 4pm.
Learn the basics of accessing online services, staying safe online and much more. You may find using a tablet easier than you first imagine!
You will learn how to:
- Turn iPad on.
- Set accessibility settings.
- Shut down iPad correctly.
- Know how to log in to iPad and the importance of this.
- Identify the different components of the iPad correctly.
- Connect to the Internet via the iPad.
- Type a web address in an address bar.
- Type a web address starting with www.
- Use search engines such as Google effectively.
- Open multiple tabs on the Internet.
- Access an email account from the iPad.
- Set up an email account (if applicable).
- Send an email.
- Receive and read an email.
- Attach a document to an email.
- Use an iPad to take photos.
- Use Safari to access the internet, for shopping, using social media sites and creating bookmarks.
There will be opportunities to explore further topics should you wish to.
If you know a little or a lot, you are very welcome to join us and, for those of you who are familiar in the use of tablets and mobile phones, why not become a buddy and share your knowledge.
Phone the SVI Office on 0121 525 4810 and leave a message if there is no answer or, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org