Welcome to the SVI website,
The voice of the Sandwell Visually Impaired Group
A website that has been developed by visually impaired people and their associates in order to provide information and support to anyone with an interest in all aspects of visual impairment.
What makes our group unique?
SVI is managed and run by visually impaired people. Our aim is to be a friendly and welcoming professional organisation that make sure that the needs and concerns of visually impaired people in Sandwell remain at the forefront of local service planning and delivery.
Find out more about us.
What can SVI do for you?
If you are a visually impaired person. If you are losing some of your sight. If you are a family member or friend of someone who has a visual impairment. If you are a professional and want to talk to the ‘experts’.
Find out what we can do for you.
What can you do for SVI?
Join us by becoming a member. Support us by attending meetings and contributing to our newsletter and this website.
Help us by making a donation. You can give as little or much as you like and every bit of it will come back to SVI. If you wish to donate to SVI's Justgiving by Text account, text SVIG33 and the amount you wish to donate (example: SVIG33 £5) to 70070. All donations will be gratefully received.
Communicate with us - let us know your views and share with us your experiences.
- Eye Health Week 2016 - 19 to 23 September
We will be out and about in Sandwell - find out where and when
- Our Summer 2016 newsletter is out now
Highlights and information from the last few months
- Help keep Vision Hotels open
Please take part in the survey - if these hotels close, there will be no other hotels specifically for V.I. people, a valuable resource
- West Bromwich Bus Stand Changes
Changes to where buses depart from in West Bromwich
- Blind Dave and Tony's Escape from Alcatraz
Dave's tells us about his triathlon challenge in San Francisco
- SVI Members Open Meeting Wednesday 13 July, 2016
Help shape the future of our organisation
- News from the SVI Office, 26 June
Scott leaves us, swimming update and more
- Sandwell Macpac supports Macular Week
Activities in West Bromwich on
28 and 30 June
- A bostin' day at Bumble Hole
Fun, frolics and fundraising on our guided walk
- Bumble Hole Nature Reserve guided walks and fundraiser
Sunday 5 June 2016, all welcome, bring your family and friends
- SVI Learn to Swim, Water Confidence and Swimming programme
Thanks to a successful bid for funding we are offering members this new opportunity
- SVI Members Open Meeting 23 March 2016
At Portway Lifestyle Centre - book your place and find out more
- News from the SVI office 7 March 2016
Holidays, St. David's Day, computer woes and more
- Don't forget that Sandwell Talking News appears on this site every week.
Get news that's relevant to you, every week, in audio format.
- More news